Brokers react to shrinking market

Market share of global inter-dealer broking business is commonly estimated at 15% for Tullett and 10% for Prebon. "Together they won't make 25%," said a broker at one of the firms' competitors. "There will be people to mop up that market share and some of that will be mopped up by us."

Few in the market are convinced by CST and Prebon's affirmations that they will not merge both firms' broking desks or close desks as a result of the deal (FX Week, May 31). "You can't run the businesses in

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact customer services -, or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to FX Markets? View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a FX Markets account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: